Old poem

1:34:00 AM



Like a little baby, did I fit on your laps, close to your chest, did I rest my head, close to your heart? Breathing deep, did I take in your presence, every breath, personal scent, did I smile while I nestled underneath your arms? I felt the softest kiss on my head, hearing your whispers of your love for me, did drug ever take me such high? The cold ground never touched, for you were my blanket, and your neck did I snuggle in? How long could one hold, how long did I nap, closed eyes but I could see, feels like just now, did eternity just pass by? But, I feel the warmth lessening, I feel you cradling me slowly to put me on the floor, knowing you'll instantly leave if I open my eyes, didi I pretend to be asleep, for the sake of your 'goodbye' kiss? Did I not hug you tighter? I see you fading away, a nightmare yes of course, I'm forcing myself to wakeup, or did I ever even fall asleep?

-J.Yogi

You Might Also Like

0 comments